Recent posts

Guides/Info / Management List
Last post by Bryantdl7 - May 11, 2020, 12:30:56 PM
Note - this list is not completed, and any specific order mentioned does not constitute hierarchy at this time.

Owners

Bryantdl7 - Owner
Linkjay - Co-Owner & Director of Production Backend
Pasta.exe - Co-Owner & Developer of TTT

Managers

Derek - Build Manager

Super Admins
Bond
FaceInCake
SparkyTM

Guides/Info / How to Install 64-Bit Garrys M...
Last post by Bryantdl7 - April 27, 2020, 09:47:38 PM
Since it seems there are no easy guides available on this, I figured I would make one for everyone. This guide was made on Kubuntu 18.04, however, it should apply to most platforms.

Step 1. Open Steam

Step 2.
Go to the Library tab which has all of your games

Step 3. Right-click Garrys Mod, and choose properties

Step 4. This will open up your in-game settings like so. Navigate to the tab called BETAS

Step 5. Choose the beta which starts with x86-64. The wording will differ depending on your platform, but it must start with x86-64.

While you are indeed by the definition of steam installing a beta, this is by far the most reliable branch of Garrys Mod. You will encounter some weird things at times, but mostly if you are a sorry fool like me using Linux :)

Alright, everyone, that concludes how to get 64-Bit Garry's Mod installed! If you found this guide helpful, make sure to check out our servers!
Build Server: server.darkstorm.cc:27015
TTT: server.darkstorm.cc:27069

Old news / Tapatalk is back!
Last post by Bryantdl7 - April 06, 2020, 12:47:02 AM
Hey guys just a quick update that you can find darkstorm back on tapatalk as of now!

This will make people checking the forums on their phone have a lot easier time and not have to rely on web based support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old news / Forum Repair Complete!
Last post by Bryantdl7 - March 31, 2020, 05:45:55 PM
Hi everyone!

As of last night, with great thanks to Linkjay, we have got the forums back into a very usable state, with a brand new theme! We have kept all the original posts while fixing all of the problems we were facing on the forums up until this point.

A lot of great things are in store in the future, starting with the website, and now onto greater things. I have gotten more involved now with the Chinese Virus making everyone be home a lot more, so expect to see me on the server more often as well!

Fun fact, as of writing this server, we are the fourth most popular build server running flatgrass, how crazy is that?

Keep an eye on the news tab, more will be coming soon!
Old news / Server Cleanup
Last post by Bryantdl7 - August 28, 2019, 07:58:24 PM
As of 8/28/19 a large number of addons have been removed from the server. Most likely, a large number of the addons you enjoyed are included in this cleanup.

Why did you do this?
We all know that we have been having a good amount of lag lately. In order to narrow down the culprit, I have decided to take a fresh start on a lot of the higher performance addons, and simply add them in using more rigorous guidelines.

Where can I go to request an addon get added?
Please head over to our development page, located on https://github.com/Bryantdl7/darkstormdev/issues and open a new issue containing the following
- Reason you want the addon
- URL of the addon

What about other data on the server?
No other data on the server is being touched, such as maps, duplications, or props. We want everyone's hard work to not be lost.

Old news / Re: The Site 3.0
Last post by [DSTM] Bond - March 26, 2018, 08:26:12 AM
I wanna bother you here though ;-;
Old news / The Site 3.0
Last post by Linkjay - March 02, 2018, 10:52:26 PM
I fixed the issue where the domain wasn't sending connections to our webserver. This was an issue that I caused and I apologize for that. Everything should be a-ok now. Bother me on Telegram if something is broken.
Old news / The site 2.0
Last post by Linkjay - February 17, 2018, 01:27:22 PM
I fixed the website. Bryant tried to fix the site and simplify it, but copied an old backup of our database and applied it to the forums. I informed him on where he went wrong, and reverted what he did.

We have plans to eventually simplify the site, but that's later.

Live on, Darkstorm.
Announcements / Re: 4 Years!
Last post by Sparky™ - January 25, 2018, 05:56:28 PM
DIE DIE DIE YOU NONBELIEVER DIE DIE DIE
Announcements / Re: 4 Years!
Last post by Ouskiller - January 25, 2018, 12:55:06 PM
Quote from: Sparky™ on January 25, 2018, 11:30:10 AM
Oof 4 years? more like 40-36 years.

At least Phoenix is dead... soooooooo WEEEEEW
40-36 years later you have finally stopped with your obnoxious colored posts