NFO Files Compromised

Started by McGlowSticks, August 01, 2015, 12:40:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
As I am one of the leaders of the server (well I guess I am) NFO has sent me an email saying webmail, and server information was accessed and stolen, this includes passwords, email (possibly names from your emails) and more! So please take the time to change your passwords to things, and I'm kicking to tell him I am changing the rcon password for the server, and you should change your server control password (what you log in with to get into the console). I will wait a bit because you (Bryant) may want to change it himself, or give me a password to set.

THIS SIGNATURE HAS BEEN BROUGHT TO YOU BY IFUNNY.CO!

Does that include saved passwords on say a browser, or just NFO related accounts (Server control and forum)

Quote from: Sgt.Shutesie on August 01, 2015, 05:41:15 PM
Does that include saved passwords on say a browser, or just NFO related accounts (Server control and forum)
I don't think your browser files would be affected by this unless they have info on that as well.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

hot coffee pot

What I've heard is the passwords are stored on your PC's file system this breach shouldn't affect that, just the servers data if I am correct.
The missile knows where it is at all times. It knows this because it knows where it isn't. By subtracting where it is from where it isn't, or where it isn't from where it is (whichever is greater), it obtains a difference, or deviation.

only my stuff was compromised, all forum passwords are encrypted on our site

And how much do we pay for security again?

Time to hire a forum hitman.
[I shall not hence forth thy arm of light to decimate the innocent but hence forth put judgement upon thy who acts, or even insinuates the force of injustice]
-x-

I am no-one, I know nothing, and I am nothing.

-x-

=======Server Illuminary=======
(One who inspires, encourages, and motivates from personal and professional experience in his/her's ideals)

So, I don't need to change my forum password?

Quote from: Sgt.Shutesie on August 02, 2015, 12:37:47 AM
Thank lordie for encryption! (I changed mine just to be safe)

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

hot coffee pot

Quote from: Sgt.Shutesie on August 02, 2015, 12:37:47 AM

Onky i have to change my cp, mysql, sqlite, ftp, and database passwords. Youre fine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just put this on here, i wasnt sure, thanks for telling bryant, i hope you changd Rcon xD