Things to try if gmod no longer works properly

Started by Bryantdl7, November 06, 2014, 08:09:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
November 06, 2014, 08:09:32 AM Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 09:36:07 PM by Bryantdl7
We all have days where technology is great at not being great. The point of this is to show everyone some things to fix gmod on those bad days.

1. Verify your game for corrupted files.

This is the most common fix for most problems. To do this open your steam library, right click gmod, click properties, go to local files, and click verify integrity of game cache.

2. The antisocial method. Catchy isn't it?

I call it the anti social method because some problems can be fixed just by loading of a single player map and then connecting to the server.

3. The I don't know how to computer method

Most people have lots of viruses on their computers and that can go figure... Cause your computer to not act properly! I made a post outlining some great free anti virus and other garbage removing programs. Usually most Garry's mod issues are software related surprisingly.

Here is the link for how to clean your computer.

My Garry's mod crashes about once a week when I'm on, I believe I have the right to give advice on things to do....

So when I do the verify game cache thing is says. Steam - error please exit any running games or tools before attempting to verify your game cache. And I have nothin. Open but chrome and steam

THIS SIGNATURE HAS BEEN BROUGHT TO YOU BY IFUNNY.CO!