Recent posts

Darkstorm News / Re: 2.0 Server Status
Last post by Bryantdl7 - March 26, 2023, 03:49:33 PM
I messed up something with IP binding and now half the servers on the new hardware are 0.0.0.0 and the other half are a different address. It works, but it is messy and inconsistent. Gonna delete them all and remake properly...
Darkstorm News / The 2.0 Server Journey / Rant
Last post by Bryantdl7 - March 26, 2023, 03:47:51 PM
I am making a whole forum thread dedicated to my work on the 2.0 server, I am currently trying to make sure everything is stable, and having a lot of weird issues come up as a result.

Basically space engineers is super unoptimized, so I am shelving that for a bit, and just focusing on gmod for now.

More news to come, I will just do individual replies to this post as I dig deeper...
Guides/Info / How to delete workshop cached ...
Last post by Bryantdl7 - March 03, 2023, 11:34:03 AM
Looks like to nuke stuff you need to kill three different things now

/steamapps/common/GarrysMod/garrysmod/cache/workshop/2.
/steamapps/workshop/appworkshop_4000.acf3.
/steamapps/workshop/content/4000/4. Quit Steam or restart your computer

If you miss one of the three workshop corrupts and is unfixable until you get all three removed...

This is useful if you're ever trying to unsubscribe from all addons, or if you have a corrupted cache file.
gm_Darkstorm Ideas / Re: Ground Material for Next v...
Last post by THE KILLER 2 - January 07, 2023, 06:59:13 PM
bruh request the addon via the addon requests in the build server section
gm_Darkstorm Ideas / Re: Ground Material for Next v...
Last post by redisgoo1 - January 07, 2023, 06:55:29 PM
Addon suggestion: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=420970650
im not 100% sure if this would work in the server but its really fun to play around with especially in pvp. its not too op its mostly just fun.
Guides/Info / How to fix Garrys Mod font mis...
Last post by Bryantdl7 - October 31, 2022, 04:56:22 PM
I just reinstalled Gmod on linux and was having a super hard time getting fonts to work.

To make them work, all you need to do is go to https://github.com/solsticegamestudios/GModCEFCodecFix , download the linux program, chmod it to 700, then run ./the-program-name

If you need any help, hop in our discord!
Old news / 3/23/2021 - What's New
Last post by Bryantdl7 - March 23, 2021, 01:45:01 PM
It has been a few months since we did the weekly events, and I would like to get that going again.

Can you please take a moment and post any ideas you may have on this discussion I have on the forums? It doesn't need to just be Garry's Mod, I am up for taking some creative suggestions!

Post your ideas here: https://darkstorm.cc/forum/index.php?topic=4142

Thank you!

======Actual Reason for a news posting======

Linkjay

As some of you have seen, Linkjay has sadly retired as many others do once they go through the lovely journey of college / life. Make sure to thank him for all his hard work over the last six years if you see him around. Link was a valuable team member, and his insane coding skills will be truly missed. Guess I need to start doing all the big background work again :P

What else is new with Darkstorm?

I have finally finished getting a lot of background work done on the server, which will allow me to host other types of servers much easier than in the past. Options such as Space Engineers, Minecraft, etc. are all easily within range. If anyone has suggestions about what they would like to see, make sure to post your suggestions on the website, or message me or one of the other members of management.

I'll be honest since summer I have been a little quiet again and not doing too much, so that's one of the reasons I am looking to you, the community, for feedback on how I can make Darkstorm more fun not only for you guys, but also for me so I can try and get back into video games lol.

Thanks to everyone for sticking around this long, seven years and counting, lets keep it up and keep Darkstorm great!
Guides/Info / Whats New on Darkstorm Build -...
Last post by Bryantdl7 - July 28, 2020, 02:08:58 PM
If you want to read the rules, please type !rules in chat.

Sorry for being gone for last week's event, I was out of town on vacation and I am now back!

Plans for the week:
- We are currently voting on the removal of FA:S. Please head over to https://darkstorm.cc/discord in our votes channel
- Event will be held at 7:00 PM EDT on Friday
- The event on Friday is still TBA at this point, but I am leaning towards doing a race after movie night, please help me decide on discord!

Whats new this week:
- Food mod is gone
- I am continuing work on the Darkstorm Map - keep the feedback coming!

As always, everyone is welcome to attend our weekly events. We are a community focused on feedback so let us know how we can improve!
gm_Darkstorm Ideas / Ground Material for Next versi...
Last post by Bryantdl7 - July 07, 2020, 10:16:55 PM
Currently we have sand on the map. Do people miss the grass? Do people want something different? Let me know above!
Announcements / Backcats - Farewell and Good L...
Last post by Bryantdl7 - May 13, 2020, 12:25:29 PM
Hey everyone,

It saddens me to write this, but Backcats, has decided to retire from Darkstorm. I have let him know that he is always welcome to come back to his rank of manager, and our community.

Backcats has been with us since the beginning, starting on our server over six years ago, far exceeding anyone else other than myself. Backcats has helped our community grow tremendously, and the gratitude we all feel for his improvements to the community are immense. He has been an excellent team player, and most importantly a great friend.

Backcats is now set to the rank of retired staff.

Thank you again for all you have done Backcats - I cannot say enough good about what you have done for Darkstorm.

It will be sad to see you go, but you are always welcome back should you change your mind!

- Bryant