Foxstickles for Manager -- 2015

Started by derek01, May 25, 2015, 07:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
**Hoping this topic is in it's right area, and that nobody marks it as tl;dr. You need to read it all :)**

Server Manager, (Formerly known as Super Admin) is the position that every staff member on every server yearns for. The problem is, most of those staff members are unsure of what that position holds for them.

First off, responsibility. For those who have experience of being a server manager, they know how much of a grueling task it can be just to keep a server steady and in superior control just for a full hour. It's almost like doing homework, researching for a project and studying for your final exams all at once. Please do correct me if I'm a bit off. If you start to lose your grip, keep hanging on. DarkStorm Servers depends on it's high ranking staff to keep the ground in outstanding order. A small slip/screw up could throw everything out of order, guaranteeing a giant swarm of hell for everybody. I believe I have the potential to keep everything in total order, making sure everybody and everything follows the important server code (rules). Being a server manager means you have access to key settings of the server. Screwing one of these up will make a mess, and it's your responsibility to clean up your mess. I know full well that I am capable of being responsible.

Second off, most players form a trust in their managers. They know full well that the server is under the care and order of that particular manager. However, that trust will vary if the player finds out how corrupt that manager is. Then, they don't know who they should trust know even though it was likely that was the only corrupt manager. This is why you should do the correct choices, show that you are a professional, and be friendly; forming positive relationships with players would be a result of doing so! I was recently told by a colleague that I am a good 'people person' meaning that I am friendly and I take pride in forming positive relationships with players around this community. Doing that will make them trust you and feel protected the moment you join the server. You created a thick bond with those people that even the slightest scratch can't rip it apart. When all hell breaks lose like, everybody going into total anarchy and heavy abuse of powers, players depend on that one manager they trust to stop this hellish behavior in its tracks and mend all the wounds created. I am also capable of helping players build a trust in me, and keep my self friendly for all the players out there.

Now, to wrap this all up. The important thing combined with responsibility and trust, is leadership. Nobody wants a manager who keeps themselves as the caboose their entire career, am I correct? Leadership is all about being able to stand in front and lead the way, whether it be leading a lost group in 5 tall acres of corn, or leading a community out of destruction. You show the players how much of a strong leader you can be. Being weak will likely make you lose parts of your train, and you know how much it will cost you! I absolutely believe that I can help lead the way through this community.

Thank you for taking your time to read this. I appreciate it! I'd also like to wish my partners with the best of luck through this campaign!.
hot coffee pot