Full Server Redo

Started by Linkjay, May 23, 2016, 03:10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
So this has needed to happen for a while. Too many problems on the server. This is due to having so many F*cking addons and from the addons we removed, some of it's data Sh*t is still there. We still have bloatware, so to speak, from 2014. So we will be going through and removing some of the lesser used addons, and doing a full server cleanup.

How will this affect me?

The server will be temporarily in maintenance mode (Passworded and not letting anybody in) while we do this. This should only take about one day or even a couple of hours to accomplish.

How can I help?

Make a list of some of the addons you think should be kept and removed. If we get enough lists, we can read from each list on what people mutually want to keep and remove and then take action accordingly for each addon.

Just stay tuned, we will be announcing when the server will go down.
you visited this website to experience fun (you know what I mean).

Need to stalk me?

Add me on Steam

I hope discussion is all right here. IMO The server meeds to be fully wiped down and cleaned up if it's gotten to this point. No addons or anything, and we can request ones all over again. Other than a clean up, this will really give everyone time to ask and answer the question, "Do we really need this, is it important enough have it as an addon?"
For curiosity's sake, how big are the files?
:,) (':

Quote from: Penny on May 23, 2016, 05:32:02 PM
I hope discussion is all right here. IMO The server meeds to be fully wiped down and cleaned up if it's gotten to this point. No addons or anything, and we can request ones all over again. Other than a clean up, this will really give everyone time to ask and answer the question, "Do we really need this, is it important enough have it as an addon?"
No. Just no. Getting rid of ALL the addons is a horrible idea. Getting rid of a Sh*t ton of them is good though.

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas." – Josef Stalin
THIS SIGNATURE HAS BEEN BROUGHT TO YOU BY IFUNNY.CO!

May 23, 2016, 06:09:02 PM #3 Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 06:22:33 PM by Zafiro
Quit using comic sans pls.

pls?

http://bit.ly/25cDDrO

Going to keep editing in things I think should be removed.

-M9K or FAS:2 | Cut down to one weapon pack, preferably FAS as I would imagine it being smaller maybe include m9k specialties

-Eyedropper Tool |  Color mater does every thing it does and then some

-TF2 Soldier Player model | It gets a bit messy with the porting and is commonly made with PAC3 rather than having people actually use the PM.

-Double Jump | Kills most speed you have and barely raises you in height to be notable

-Admin Gun | Seriously pointless and somewhat mingey

-Half Life 2 Tools | Headcrab canister was instantly restricted, we already have doors uploaded by Bryant Item Crates & Ammo Crates are widely unused and thumpers are unessecary.

We don't really have much bloatware, and not many people are going to be on board with change.

**EDIT** Most definitely reset the public dupes folder or clean it up, it is an absolute cess pool with a ton of useless folders. The GUI also makes removing things near impossible in my experience.
The missile knows where it is at all times. It knows this because it knows where it isn't. By subtracting where it is from where it isn't, or where it isn't from where it is (whichever is greater), it obtains a difference, or deviation.

Addons that are not supported/don't agree with the server will be completely detached from us. That's the way it has to be.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

hot coffee pot

Quote from: Armada on May 23, 2016, 11:05:37 PM
Addons that are not supported/don't agree with the server will be completely detached from us. That's the way it has to be.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
I never said we shouldn't do this, if that's a response to me.

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas." – Josef Stalin

Quote from: Zafiro on May 23, 2016, 06:09:02 PM

pls?

-M9K or FAS:2 | Cut down to one weapon pack, preferably FAS as I would imagine it being smaller maybe include m9k specialties

-TF2 Soldier Player model | It gets a bit messy with the porting and is commonly made with PAC3 rather than having people actually use the PM.

-Double Jump | Kills most speed you have and barely raises you in height to be notable

-Half Life 2 Tools | Headcrab canister was instantly restricted, we already have doors uploaded by Bryant Item Crates & Ammo Crates are widely unused and thumpers are unessecary.

We don't really have much bloatware, and not many people are going to be on board with change.

**EDIT** Most definitely reset the public dupes folder or clean it up, it is an absolute cess pool with a ton of useless folders. The GUI also makes removing things near impossible in my experience.

COMIC SANS WILL NEVER DIE

-rep XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Critique time!

-M9K or FAS:2 | Cut down to one weapon pack, preferably FAS as I would imagine it being smaller maybe include m9k specialties::::::::::::::::::::: Eh. I don't think these are very unused, I think we might keep them. This one requires more investigation.

-Eyedropper Tool |  Color mater does every thing it does and then some::::::::::::::::::: This can be converted into a legacy addon, but if the color tool has an eyedropper tool then I will rek this.

-TF2 Soldier Player model | It gets a bit messy with the porting and is commonly made with PAC3 rather than having people actually use the PM.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: People seem to use this, so I dunno.

-Double Jump | Kills most speed you have and barely raises you in height to be notable:::::::::::::::::::: Noclip kinda nullifies this addon.

-Admin Gun | Seriously pointless and somewhat mingey:::::::::::::::::: Even though I love the admin gun, it does need to go.

-Half Life 2 Tools | Headcrab canister was instantly restricted, we already have doors uploaded by Bryant Item Crates & Ammo Crates are widely unused and thumpers are unessecary.::::::::::::: Yes

What I mean by bloatware is just a bunch of unused files that are annoying and there.

I will clean up the perma banned peoples' dupes from the advdupe. I might rek them all and set up an advert about how to reclaim them or something. This is probably the biggest source of lag and needs to be handled.

Need to stalk me?

Add me on Steam

Quote from: Penny on May 23, 2016, 05:32:02 PM

Our host provides unlimited storage space so we use as much as possible. I will get the numbers next time I have access to my FTP client.

Need to stalk me?

Add me on Steam

I agree with a lot of these, most people just minge the admin gun, myself included. As well as the head crab canister. It is pointless except if you want to kill abunch of bugs for no reason.

Quote from: linkjay1 on May 24, 2016, 01:03:40 AM
Quote from: Zafiro on May 23, 2016, 06:09:02 PM

pls?

COMIC SANS WILL NEVER DIE

-rep XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Critique time!

-M9K or FAS:2 | Cut down to one weapon pack, preferably FAS as I would imagine it being smaller maybe include m9k specialties::::::::::::::::::::: Eh. I don't think these are very unused, I think we might keep them. This one requires more investigation.

-Eyedropper Tool |  Color mater does every thing it does and then some::::::::::::::::::: This can be converted into a legacy addon, but if the color tool has an eyedropper tool then I will rek this.

-TF2 Soldier Player model | It gets a bit messy with the porting and is commonly made with PAC3 rather than having people actually use the PM.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: People seem to use this, so I dunno.

-Double Jump | Kills most speed you have and barely raises you in height to be notable:::::::::::::::::::: Noclip kinda nullifies this addon.

-Admin Gun | Seriously pointless and somewhat mingey:::::::::::::::::: Even though I love the admin gun, it does need to go.

-Half Life 2 Tools | Headcrab canister was instantly restricted, we already have doors uploaded by Bryant Item Crates & Ammo Crates are widely unused and thumpers are unessecary.::::::::::::: Yes

What I mean by bloatware is just a bunch of unused files that are annoying and there.

I will clean up the perma banned peoples' dupes from the advdupe. I might rek them all and set up an advert about how to reclaim them or something. This is probably the biggest source of lag and needs to be handled.
I doubt Brint would allow us to get rid of M9K and keep FA:S. He hates FA:S and Customizable Weaponry with a passion, and really only wanted M9K, but a Sh*t ton of people were whining, so he added FA:S.

Quote from: Jolly Survivor on May 26, 2016, 12:22:51 PM
Brint is about to comment
You're so F*cken late m0

May 26, 2016, 03:44:29 PM #11 Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 03:50:08 PM by FaceInCake
Yay! Time to get my opinion out!

WAC: Remove it, it lags, everyone never removed their crashed vehicles, they're difficult to drive. I've seen better helicopter or plane addons.

M9K: Fun and not laggy. But the weapons are all unbalanced and they're all OP. This can be solved by raising everyone's health or armour, but I'm torn. If we can find a better gun mod I'll take it.

The vehicles we have are fine.

FAS2: It's great but slow and under-powered. It's also not completely balanced. But better balanced than M9K.

Pointshop: ADD MORE! Let's make the pointshop a thing! It gives players some reward for playing on the server other than ranking up to actually play the game.

Defense solutions: Mingy and everyone abuses it, NEEEEEXT!

The vehicles are fine. Cars and all.

Bring back the Overhaul radial tool!

Keep our build tools. (Wire, E2, stack, precision, snap, materials.)

That's all I can think of right now.

I'm ready to die.

Quote from: FaceInCake on May 26, 2016, 03:44:29 PM
Yay! Time to get my opinion out!

Pointshop: ADD MORE! Let's make the pointshop a thing! It gives players some reward for playing on the server other than ranking up to actually play the game.

I had plans to do this and even suggested large cosmetics additions and added the few power-ups that the server saw for a brief timeframe,

I got demoted
PS got reset and Bryant deemed the power-ups "to overpowered"
Large cosmetic additions was too much work from what I remember.
The missile knows where it is at all times. It knows this because it knows where it isn't. By subtracting where it is from where it isn't, or where it isn't from where it is (whichever is greater), it obtains a difference, or deviation.

Quote from: Zafiro link=topic=2939.msg14890#msg14890 h464292258
I had plans to do this and even suggested large cosmetics additions and added the few power-ups that the server saw for a brief timeframe,

I got demoted
Can we make the Gmod tower playermodels only unlockable in the pointshop? Just cut and paste somewhere?

I'm ready to die.

Quote from: FaceInCake on May 26, 2016, 03:52:56 PM
Quote from: Zafiro link=topic=2939.msg14890#msg14890 h464292258

I got demoted
Can we make the Gmod tower playermodels only unlockable in the pointshop? Just cut and paste somewhere?

An interesting idea that I would support, but I am no longer the person to be asking.